The initiating of a contemporary year is constantly a factual time to buy stock of what is came about within the old 12 months, and Jap publication Famitsu has completed perfect that in publishing a characterize which sums up the say of the Jap video sport market in 2020.
The headline stats give an explanation for that the market generated 376.38 billion yen, a 12.5% leap on 2019. Hardware gross sales had been 185.66 billion yen, whereas system gross sales generated 181.72 billion yen.
Breaking down the figures a little more finds that the Swap (alongside with the Swap Lite) became Japan’s largest-selling console in 2020, intriguing 5.957 million units. It marks the fourth consecutive year that Nintendo’s system has outsold its competitors. Amazingly, Swap hardware gross sales had been 1.three times more in 2020 when put next to the old year. Lifetime Jap gross sales for the Swap (and Swap Lite) now total 17,340,374.
Nintendo’s diversified console, the 3DS, handiest sold 62,761 units in Japan in 2020, however that became restful enough to outperform each the Xbox Series X/S and the Xbox One within the same timeframe. No longer unsuitable for a dull console, eh?
By means of system, Animal Crossing: Contemporary Horizons became Japan’s most titillating-selling sport in 2020, intriguing 6,378,103 copies. The the rest of the pinnacle ten games is made up of Swap titles, except for Final Tale VII Remake, which managed to shift 949,379 copies last year.
Jap Hardware Sales 2020
- Swap (alongside with Swap Lite) – 5,956,943 / 17,340,374
- PlayStation 4 (alongside with PS4 Pro) – 542,647 / 9,290,890
- PlayStation 5 (alongside with PS5 Digital Version) – 255,150 / NEW
- 3DS (alongside with all diversifications) – 62,761 / 24,558,908
- Xbox Series X/S – 31,424 / NEW
- Xbox One (alongside with X/S) – 3,585 / 114,831
Jap Utility Sales 2020
1. [NSW] Animal Crossing: Contemporary Horizons – 6,378,103 / NEW
2. [NSW] Ring Match Adventure – 1,591,366 / 2,087,005
3. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa Heisei Reiwa mo Teiban! – 1,233,023 / NEW
4. [PS4] Final Tale VII Remake – 949,379 / NEW
5. [NSW] Pokemon Sword/Defend – 892,456 / 3,880,590
6. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 798,174 / 3,457,183
7. [NSW] Gargantuan Shatter Bros. Final – 560,122 / 4,013,174
8. [NSW] Minecraft – 556,982 / 1,702,921
9. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 519,649 / NEW
10. [NSW] Gargantuan Mario 3D All-Stars – 492,620 / NEW